05 April 2017
We're pleased to announce that Typefi Designer 8.2.3 (v18.104.22.1687) is now available. Designer 8.2.3 is now localized for Spanish. Nousmedis, Barcelona, Spain, has more than 15 years of experience automating and optimizing publishing workflows and is our exclusive partner for Spanish localized versions of Typefi.
For details on Designer 8.2, which added support for media elements (video and audio) in rich, interactive formats like HTML, EPUB, and PDF, please see its release notes.
- Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 8.1, or Windows 7 with Service Pack 1;
macOS Sierra (v10.12), OS X El Capitan (v10.11), OS X Yosemite (v10.10), or OS X Mavericks (v10.9)
- Typefi Cloud, Workgroup, or Desktop 8.2.0 or later with InDesign plugin version 15.0.405 or later
- Adobe InDesign CC 2017, InDesign CC 2015, InDesign CC 2014, InDesign CC, or InDesign CS6
- 2 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended)
- ¿Hablas español? Typefi Designer 8.2.3 is now localized in Spanish.
Adobe Creative Cloud compatibility
Typefi 8.2.3 and later supports:
- InDesign CC 2017 and InDesign CC 2017 Server (v12.0 or later; released October 2016)
- InDesign CC 2015 and InDesign CC 2015 Server (v11.0 or later; released June 2015)
- InDesign CC 2014 and InDesign CC 2014 Server (v10.2 or later; released February 2015)
- InDesign CC and InDesign CC Server (v9.2 or later; released January 2014)
- InDesign CS6 and InDesign CS6 Server (v8.0.2 or later; released September 2013)
Please note that Adobe updates and adds new features to the Creative Cloud on an ongoing basis. Creative Cloud updates are optional and must first be certified for compatibility by Typefi before installing.
With the 2015 release of Creative Cloud, Adobe automatically removes existing software when updating to the latest version. To keep a previously installed version of InDesign, toggle Advanced Options and un-tick Remove Old Versions. To re-install a previous version of InDesign, launch the Creative Cloud desktop application, select the Apps tab and scroll down to Find Additional Apps. Change the filter to View Previous Versions, click Install and select a previous version.
Adobe Creative Suite support
Adobe InDesign CS6 and InDesign CS6 Server are now five years old, and Adobe has no plans to update them. Ever. While it was possible to purchase CS6 licenses from Adobe as late as 9 January 2017, that option is no longer available. With CS6 at the end of its product life cycle—Adobe will cease installation assistance after 30 April 2017; Typefi will cease support after 31 October 2017—let us know how we can help you transition to the Adobe Creative Cloud.