22 August 2017
We're pleased to announce that Typefi Designer 8.3.0 (v220.127.116.117) is now available. Typefi Designer 8.3 includes new features, bug fixes, and performance improvements.
For details on Designer 8.2, which added support for media elements (video and audio) in rich, interactive formats like HTML, EPUB, and PDF, please see its release notes.
- Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 8.1, or Windows 7 with Service Pack 1;
macOS Sierra (v10.12), OS X El Capitan (v10.11), OS X Yosemite (v10.10), or OS X Mavericks (v10.9; deprecated)
- Typefi Cloud, Workgroup, or Desktop 8.3.0 or later with InDesign plugin version 17 or later
- Adobe InDesign CC 2017, InDesign CC 2015, InDesign CC 2014, InDesign CC, or InDesign CS6 (see notice below)
- 2 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended)
New in Typefi Designer 8.3 is Typefi Preflight. Typefi Preflight works in parallel to InDesign’s Live Preflight to flag (and fix) potential problems with your templates before you check them into Typefi. Typefi Preflight is built using InDesign scripts, so you can create your own custom rules.
In addition to checking for common issues like missing fonts or links, Typefi Preflight can flag when Typefi elements or element variants have been defined but not applied in your template, or remove unused or orphaned hyperlinks, cross-references or index topics, or update the Font Sense™ identifiers in your template. Typefi Preflight is enabled by default but can be disabled in your Typefi File Manager preferences.
For more specific information on creating Typefi Preflight scripts, please get in touch (in the coming months we will post technical documentation on creating Typefi Preflight scripts, including both best practices and sample scripts).
- Fixed recognition of fonts in a Document Fonts folder when applying soft-style character formatting
- Fixed a rare
This value would cause one or more objects to leave the pasteboarderror
- Fixed an issue where a Section Marker that referenced a Typefi Field only worked for the first instance of the section
- Fixed an issue where Element field values may be cleared when creating an association to an Element Anchor
- Fixed case-sensitive sorting of items in the Typefi Sections and Typefi Fields panels
- Multiple changes and improvement in File Manager
- File Manager now supports managing file version history via contextual menu
- Fixed an issue where File Manager may open a cached (out-of-date) copy of a document rather than downloading the current version
- Fixed an issue where View as Read Only could be selected for a file already open/checked out by the current user
- Renamed "Stay signed in" to "Remember me"
- Updated libcurl to version 7.51.0 (see curl changelog)
- Multiple changes and improvements to scripting support:
- Added new scripting properties
sectionDef.markerStringto set long strings for Section Prefix and Section Marker
- Added new method
typefiSettings.applyPrefixAndMarkerto apply new prefix and marker strings to an instance of an InDesign Section
- It is now possible to delete a Typefi Section (for example,
- It is now possible to rename a Typefi Section or Element (for example,
app.documents.typefiSectionDefinitions.name = 'abcdefg';))
- Made the
nameproperty optional when adding Sections, Elements, or Fields via scripting to be more consistent with InDesign's scripting document object model
- Added validation check to prevent creating duplicate sections via scripting
- Added new scripting properties
- Updated Spanish translations
Every product has a lifecycle. The lifecycle begins when a product is released and ends when it is no longer supported.
For more information about our end of support policies, see Typefi Product Support Lifecycle.
Adobe InDesign CS6 (v8) and CC (v9) deprecation notice
With Adobe stopping all sales of Creative Suite on 9 January 2017 and with their ending of core (installation) support for Creative Suite applications (including InDesign CS6 Server) on 30 April 2017, it is past time to make the transition to the Adobe Creative Cloud. With the release of Typefi 8.3, support for InDesign CS6 (v8.x) and InDesign CC (v9.x) has been officially deprecated and will end on 31 October 2017. After 31 October 2017, InDesign CS6 (v8.x) and InDesign CC (v9.x) users are no longer eligible to receive technical support, security updates, non-security hotfixes, or other technical support from Typefi for free.
OS X Mavericks (v10.9) deprecation notice
In addition, support for OS X Mavericks (v10.9) has been officially deprecated with the release of Typefi 8.3. Future releases of Typefi will require OS X Yosemite (v10.10) or later.
Adobe Creative Cloud compatibility
Please note that Adobe updates and adds new features to the Creative Cloud on an ongoing basis. Creative Cloud updates are optional and must first be certified for compatibility by Typefi before installing.
With the 2015 release of Creative Cloud, Adobe now automatically removes existing software when updating to the latest version. To keep a previously installed version of InDesign, toggle Advanced Options and un-tick Remove Old Versions. To re-install a previous version of InDesign, launch the Creative Cloud desktop application, select the Apps tab and scroll down to Find Additional Apps. Change the filter to View Previous Versions, click Install and select a previous version.